Have you noticed discoloration of your nails? Are you finding it difficult to walk because of the itching or burning sensation in your toes? Have your nails suddenly turned brittle? Do you want to get rid of the ugly odor that embarrasses you all the time? Have you been finding it difficult to wear open shoes because of the embarrassing appearance of your feet?
It may be because you are going through the problem of toenail fungus. There are a few things that you can do in order to get rid of toenail fungus; here is all that you need to know:
- Keep your nails trimmed and in shape: The moment you see your nails are growing bigger, cut them off so that you can keep them in shape.
- Go for pedicure after proper time intervals: Pedicure is not for beauty purpose only, but for the health of your feet as well. It is good to go for pedicure at least once every month.
- Visit your doctor and talk to him about the same: If you are unable to bear the pain or if you think the symptoms are really bad, you can always consult a good doctor and get yourself treated.
- Apply creams suggested by the doctors: The moment you visit a good doctor, he gives creams for you to apply on the fungal infection.
- Keep your feet as clean as possible: Keep washing your feet three to four times in a day so that you get rid of the fungus quickly.
- Make sure you take off the dirt from your nails: Don’t let any sort of dirt accumulate in your toenail; it is good to keep your nails as clean as you can so that you avoid the accumulation of fungus.
- Before sleeping, wash your feet with soap: With a mild soap that doesn’t make your feet or toenail burn, wash your feet nicely before going to bed every night.
- Consume the oral medicines prescribed by the doctor: The moment you consult a doctor for the fungus in your toenail, you are prescribed with certain oral medicines. Make sure to consume them regularly.
The worst thing about toenail fungus is that it can spread to the others living in your house. Thus, it must be treated as soon as the signs are noticed.